Sunday, May 3, 2009

Eric Clapton and My Kids

Middle of the night. Can't sleep. Listening to mp3s and catching up on email, Facebook, news, dreams...

I've heard this Dana Key song many times, but it has different meaning for me tonight. How heartbreaking for Eric Clapton to lose his son (Tears in Heaven), but there's the hope. And I think about how proud I am of my kids, how some of the best days I could imagine are just being with them. We all hate the idea of tragedy, so why not grab onto hope ahead of time? I'm grabbing some tonight.



God, thank you for every moment I have with my wife and kids. You've blessed me by helping me savor the moment and appreciate how incredibly special each day is right now. We're tired, we're stretched, and we're loved! (melting...) Thanks for the hope that whenever this season is done, we'll be only moments away from eternity together and with you. I need that. Thanks also for the protection you've given us in so many ways, and the blessings of freedom and prosperity. Please come close to any of my friends who are aching with the pain of separation.

Dear Mr. Clapton, by Dana Key

Dear Mr. Clapton, I have learned of your loss.
Tears in heaven, It’s a beautiful song.
 I know your bleeding Won’t cease with my words.
They’re just a cool drink To help you along.

Through Saturdays with no noise, Baseballs and untouched toys.
They leave an empty feeling in your soul.
He is in heaven’s care. There are no tears up there, cuz,
Jesus loves children more than we will ever know.
He loves those children more than we will ever know.

Dear Mr. Clapton, You are not without hope.
The door to heaven lies beyond the grave
If you would only believe as a child, someday this pain will be washed away.

Of, memories of holidays, That small angelic face.
They leave an empty feeling in your soul.

CHORUS

 Dear Mr. Clapton, I have learned of your loss.

*****
 Grateful for hope...

No comments: