Sunday, June 20, 2010

SIS#23 - The 7-Milers Begin

Self-Improvement Sundays

***22 weeks complete, On pace, 64 lbs - Goal 101 lbs in 1 year***

We're back in business, baby! Thanks to a redoubled effort with 7+ miles/day walking, I was thrilled to grab a three pound week for the first time in a while. I've always known that exercise was my ace in the hole, so now I'm playing it.

For the inquiring minds that want to know, this doesn't mean that I walk a 7-mile course everyday. I just drop my pedometer in my pocket every morning and don't go to bed until it says 7 miles (12,000 steps for my stride length). I've done just a skitch of jogging in there, but I'm able to multi-task better when I'm walking...podcasts, todo lists, prayer time, things like that.

The focus is still on nutrition, but the walking is an added dimension.

I emailed Col this week and described how badly I want this goal now. True, I've already won, but I want the grand prize that I've laid out. Not getting 101 pounds in a year still doesn't mean defeat, but I'm not going down without a fight. Right now the fight goes out to my walking paths.


No comments: