Sunday, May 9, 2010

SIS#17 - Christmas in May

Self-Improvement Sundays

***16 weeks complete - ahead of pace >51 lbs - Goal 1 was 40lbs, Goal 2 is 60lbs by July 11***

Not only did we get snow cover in May, but Santa also dropped 3 pounds down the chimney this week. My program pace says just a pound a week now, so getting to 54 pounds down this week is pretty nice. I'm 6 pounds from  goal 2 with 9 weeks to go.

It's amazing how much of my life revolved around things I can't do now. I'm not trying to be antisocial, really. I turned down an ice cream sundae at the office this week. I let Jason and Grandpa do McDonald's by themselves while I had leftovers. I love leftovers! (Don't read sarcasm, I really do love them.) Pot lucks don't work unless I bring my own pot, so to speak. Sounds terrible, right?

But while everyone goes on as usual, I'm down 54 pounds in less than 4 months...and on the fast track from huge to buff. I'm going to a picnic after work on Thursday, so I'll probably pack a sandwich. C'est la vie.

Why say all of this? Well, it's part of the calculation if you want to make this sort of change. Remember Yoda's wisdom, "Do or not do. There is no try." 

I'm looking forward to bumping into old friends this summer. That'll be fun. But much more, I'm looking forward to good lab results and a healthy life to pour into my calling.

No comments: