Monday, May 3, 2010

SIS#16 - Focusing on the Process, Not the Results

Self-Improvement Sundays

***15 weeks complete - ahead of pace >50 lbs - Goal 1 was 40lbs, Goal 2 is 60lbs by July 11***

OK, so I'm down to a pound a week. I hit 51 this week and it appears that the low hanging fruit has been picked. No more easy 3 or 4 pound weeks.

When I posted my first goal back in January, my powerlifter brother-in-law from Canada advised me to focus on the process and the results would ultimately be there. So that's where I'm at. The scale gives me next to nothing for motivation now. It's all about the process.

In a nutshell, that means:

1. Keep logging points and blogging weekly efforts.
2. Focus on weight loss, not cardiovascular fitness, not strength training, not flexibility. Take those as they come.
3. Believe in the process. I expect to hit 60 pounds in July. Then I'll decide on a new goal.
4. No people pleasing. Be creative with social situations or don't go. Period.
5. Continue loving the wonderful, flavorful foods I missed out on for so long.

That's my story.

No comments: