Saturday, May 29, 2010

SIS#20 - Goal #3 - 101 Pounds in 1 Year

Self-Improvement Sundays

***19 weeks complete - Goal 1 was 40lbs, Goal 2 was 60lbs***

I struggled most of the week to get my 58th pound, and Friday night I was pleasantly surprised to actually go all the way to 60. Nice! Goal #2 is history, six weeks ahead of pace.

And you might have noticed the subtle reference in the post title to my new goal: 101 pounds in a year. How often does one have the chance to lose 100 pounds in a year? I'd say once, so I'm taking it.

Remember, I started at 300. So I would drop to 199 by midnight on January 16, 2011.

Doable? Well, I've lost 60 pounds in 4-1/2 months, so I just need to lose 41 pounds in 7-1/2 months. True, it's not quite as quick now, but I haven't really started exercising yet either. So that's my ace in the hole. Of course, I'll evaluate as I go and change course if it seems unhealthy.

What about internal goals? 41 pounds and 7+ months is a long time with no milestone celebrations. OK, we'll celebrate the "decades", the 10-pound increments. I've already beaten the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's, 50's and 40's. I'll drive a stake in the ground, so to speak, when I beat the 30's, 20's, 10's and 0's.

And at that moment I'll be lighter than any point since college in Minneapolis, possibly one of my earlier years in college. Interesting that 2011 is my 20 year reunion for North Central.

I still haven't had a single day of binging or a single week without losing at least a pound. That pace may not hold all the way to 199, but it's not the pace that's ultimately important. It's the final result.

I debate about blogging about weight loss less often, say, monthly. But my weekly check-in with Ev nation is possibly the greatest factor in my overall success. Anyone still with me for the last 41 pounds?

Oh, by the way, my clothes I couldn't fit into before are hanging from me like flowing robes. Virtually none of my clothes will fit me in 8 months, and I don't care. I'll replace it all from Goodwill if I have to.

Sorry, no grand ideas tonight, just focus. Time to go rest up!

No comments: