Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SIS#25 - Tested by Travel

Self-Improvement Sundays

***24 weeks complete, On pace, 66 lbs - Goal 101 lbs in 1 year***

I've been gone for a week, traveling to see my family in Canada. My mom did a great job having good low-cal food around and the meals and snacks went very well. The fun part was pulling 8 or 10 family members at a time outside to go walking with me on my daily quest for 7 miles. They were great! We'd typically walk down the hill from my parents' place and circle the campground several times, often stopping to chat with friends.


I was able to get my miles in every day except the return travel day. Oh well. I made up for it with 10 miles today.

So, I managed to get a pound out of the deal, but I think it might actually be more. I didn't weigh-in on the trip, so today's reading was my first. It's possible I had a lower point during the week. That's OK. If I'm right then my week just gets a bit easier this week.

Most of my family hadn't seen me since Christmas...6 months and 65 pounds prior! My brother-in-law, Brad, kept saying, "Where's the rest of you?!"

I'm pressing now to finish of my seventh "decade" of weight loss: the 60's. Hitting 70 seems like stepping into the big leagues. Here's to a good week back in the routine.

No comments: