Monday, March 22, 2010

SIS#10 - Self Improvement Sundays

***9 weeks complete - ahead of pace >27 lbs***

Well, the first 10 weeks of this project are almost done. Then the pace slows to 2 lbs/wk, remember? I managed this weekend to pull out all of my next-lower-size clothes and most of them fit very well! They're all washed and hung up or put away. My wardrobe just got about 5 times better.

I've been walking and testing out the heel. I've had some 7-8 mile days between work and evenings, or on the weekend. The weather has been so nice, so it's great timing to get that mobility back. I'm also grateful to have exercise back in my arsenal as I continue to attack this plan.

I had a nurse and a neurosurgeon in two different towns chat with me today about the weight-loss becoming visible. I can't believe how NOT part of the conversation this has been to date, but it's kinda fun. I love it when they say, "Hey, I'm getting started with some weight loss too."

And dozens of you have mentioned now that you've been tackling your own challenges, health and otherwise. I'm genuinely excited for each of you. Feels good doesn't it? One of the Proverbs I relate to says "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Some things we wait for and plan for, but there has to come a time when it's now.

If you're sitting on the fence regarding your next challenge, "now" feels pretty good.

No comments: