Sunday, March 7, 2010

SIS#8 - Self-Improvement Sundays


***7 weeks complete - ahead of pace (>21 lbs)***

Anyone still with me? Yeah, in some ways it's tougher now after seven weeks, but mainly because I want my goal weight now...and more. I'm thankful. Thankful for a good spring. Thankful for amazing meals from my wife. Thankful for a season of motivation. Hopeful for more.

The plantar fasciitis in my left heel is a little better. I'm doing more icing now and I'm wearing shoes in the house almost all the time. The up and down from basement to second floor without support didn't seem to help. The cool thing is that this early success has come almost completely without exercise. I'm stretching every day, that's it. I'm staying off the heel until it's ready. I may do 3 or 4 miles at work and more working around the house, but then I lay off. No more daily walking goals for now. First the heel has to heal.


I'm watching Annapolis for the first time tonight. Blogging. Folding laundry. Man, this is a good movie! I've got to watch the sleep thing though. I'd go two hours a night if I could, blasted! But I'm working on losing the tension headaches as well. Jake Huard can train for the Brigades fight competition at night, but I have to watch how far I take that...for the long haul. If I push it, I crab at my family...and that's not an acceptable trade off. I'd rather be fat.

Spiritually, the season is rocking too. It's a bit more isolated than I'm used to, but I still feel inspired and connecting with friends and serving reasonably well. And fresh vision is landing.

I've really enjoyed chatting with some of you about what you're going after too. My ears are open! It's not about looking hot, or getting rich quick, or getting the promotion. It's about life. It's about deep, rich, fulfillment...being fully alive. You can't do it alone, but you can do it.

John 10:10-11
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
 11"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Here's to life, and to laying it down.

No comments: