Saturday, January 2, 2010

More Than Ever - Vineyard Music


OK, another Dwell tune tonight. This is Jason's favorite (my seven year old). One of our favorite activities is to push the furniture back and watch Jason rock out to this song with a mixture of dance moves and Les Parkour. Good times!

(To listen along: right click this link and click "Open link in new tab/window")


More Than Ever


It's Your love, it's Your kindness
It's Your faithfulness and Your guidance

You bring me to my knees
I'll give You everything

I want You, I need You
I love You more than ever
I want You, I need You
I love You more than ever


It's Your peace, it's Your goodness
It's Your gentleness and Your patience


All in all, Jason has the right idea. This song is an outright celebration of the goodness of God and the clarity of our desire to know him! Maush-worthy!

Some lament the lack of depth in modern worship choruses. Point taken. But we can also wade chest-deep in depth and never feel the all-out passion of God's presence...and how fun it is to share that an elbow-poke away from our chums.

And sometimes I take my personal aside and just sit and think or feel whatever's resonating in my spirit at the moment. Holy Spirit has a way of making it unique and relevant over and over. Here's to depth and to expression, under small roofs and big ones!

No comments: