Sunday, January 24, 2010

SIS#2 - Self Improvement Sundays



***1 week complete - ahead of pace (>3 lbs)***

So today is to be the beginning of my weight loss goal effort. I've done much preparing this week and I'm in the zone.

I'm ready.

Actually, I'm more than ready. I've really already begun. The points have been counted all week and I've been tightening down to the Weight Watchers range. The good news is, I'm already a week ahead of schedule with lost weight!

Now here's the deal, in order to guard myself from a letdown later (am I being too cautious?), I'm only going to say where I am in relation to my pace. Right now I'm ahead of pace for 1 week. Sweet! Here's the pace...

First 10 weeks - 3 pounds/wk
Second 10 weeks - 2 pounds/wk
Beyond that - 1 pound/wk


So that actually goes well past my 40 lb goal, but that's just my first goal, and then reevaluate, remember? And taking off a week puts my first goal target date now up to May 2!

I'm dealing with some plantar fasciitis in my left foot, so my goal is actually to focus totally on diet and stretching and back off on the walking to try to let the irritation back down. Weight loss will be a big help there.

I feel that my key to success right now is to stay on top of my daily routine and personal priorities. This can't be all about physical health or other things will more surely knock me off track. The most challenging part of my week will be my first two days at work. So that's my focus, to stay completely dialed in and energized to get to Tuesday night successfully. The rest appears to be less stressful.

I enjoyed chatting with a couple of you this week about goals you're tackling right now as well. Let's plan, engage, and go after it enthusiastically! Knowing that I'd be checking in with you all this week was a very nice accountability deadline for me. So thanks for that! There have been plenty of challenges this week, but I feel that the tide has turned in me to make this goal a reality right now. Again, I'd enjoy feedback on your own goals and plans either by comments here or email message.

By the way, Brett Favre and the Vikings just lost in OT to the Saints. Great game! I honestly can say that it's the first time, though, that I feared for Brett's ability to walk the rest of his life! I believe I'll now join the chorus of those encouraging Brett to retire, not as a hater but as a fan! Anyway, one less thing to be consumed with over the next couple of weeks. Thanks Brett for a very fun year and a couple decades of great memories! Go Pack!!!


No comments: